Saturday, June 20, 2009




My goal this summer is to get my hair into tip top shape. Even though I think my hair is pretty healthy, since I've been natural I haven't developed a plan for keep my hair healthy and growing. I use organic shampoo and condition, Avalon that I found in Trader Joes or Whole Foods. I also love many of the Carols Daughters products. But my favorite thing to use in my hair has always been my Shea butter. I have been using it in on myuself for years and it works wonders in every aspect that i've come to use it. Lately I have been mixing it with coconut oil(another gem) and let it melt down a little. It is perfect for putting twist in your hair or other styling techniques. I am ready to branch out and try other at home recipes that I have duscovered. I want to focus on purely natural products so I will be using things that i make myself or that I am sure are certified ortgamic. I would love if others would join on this journey. As we know, many hair products made and directed towards black people have chemicals that are horrible for our hair. My goals are gaining elasticity in the strands of my hair, gaining some length, and having overall healthy, boignant hair. I have purchased essential oils, tea tree and rosemary (whole foods) and I plan to combine them with most products that you can find at home, such as honey, eggs, etc. With each new recipe I will report on how well it worked in my hair. I'm excited to start my summer journey! Are you coming with me?

3 comments:

Max Gibson said...

I must say, I have really been enjoying your blog. You do a great job of combining interesting and engaging topics. You're insight is also very unique and genuine which makes your blog really fun to read.

You have a wonderful design that also helps to relate the overall essence of the blog.

Keep up the great work, you are truly an inspiration.

Max Gibson

Docs Locs said...

Nice, Safi.
More posts please!

Unknown said...

I like to read more updates from you safi. Really nice blog, I enjoy to read these.
eyelift